Training Tuesday Part 3 – Challenges that can affect Learning and Development
Challenges in the workplace that can affect Learning & Development
There are many challenges but here are some of the most common…
- Change: Organisational change is so much more common than ever due to budgets, technology & staffing issues, this can affect the overall result of learning.
- Leaders: Success in a business comes from a great leadership team as they are the foundation of a business from a front line manager to a CEO. If leaders are not developed it affects the learning and is challenging to the business.
- Engaged Learners: In a lot of businesses there is always a more urgent task that seems too win over Learning & Development. If no value is communicated this results in learners not participating
- Tracking Skills: Learning is only ever any good if you can discover how to make it stick and be sustainable in the real environment, otherwise it’s a waste of time
- Learning Effectiveness: With so many topics to be covered it’s important you ask the right questions to train the right content so a business gets the desired outcome.
- Adapting Training: Is your training up to date taking into account technology and the audience your training, it’s harder to train to multiple generations
- Training Effectively: it’s important to be able to assess how a training program is having an impact on the business but also to know how to adjust for future proofing.
The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice!
Training comes in many forms all of which can help with job satisfaction, it can be having a mentor to work alongside you, it could also be on the job coaching, it can also be support from your manager and team. Ultimately though, personal development is also your responsibility. Not all businesses have dedicated training programmes so over the coming weeks I hope to give you an insight into what can be achieved and if you wish to hear more you can connect with me through LinkedIN and you can also follow my new LinkedIN page by clicking these links.
I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you!
Clare Campbell is the Authorised Training Partner to FFR Automotive.
You can contact Clare directly on 07468 459 817 or via email [email protected]